INTRODUCING THE ROBERT WALTERS GROUP
GILES DAUBENEY, COO
"OUR STORY begins in 1985, when our CEO Robert Walters opened the first office above the Café Royal in central London. Rob has led the company ever since and has the same passion and commitment today.
Over the last 27 years the company has grown and so have our ambitions. We now have 53 offices in 24 countries (across Europe, Asia and in South Africa and the United States) and we employ over 2,000 people. It’s a powerful success story.
We also have a specialist recruitment outsourcing business, called Resource Solutions, and Walters People - a temporary recruitment company operating in Europe.
Companies and organisations rely on us to find high quality professionals for a range of roles in accountancy and finance, banking and financial services, legal, human resources, information technology, marketing, sales, secretarial and business support, and tax and treasury. Professionals who are looking for a new role, whether it’s on a permanent, interim or contract basis, trust us to find them their ideal job.
We haven’t grown by snapping up our rivals, we’ve done it by making sure we deliver on our promises. And that’s meant more companies and professionals want to work with us. Quality and integrity are our watchwords.
We like to think we’re different. Here’s a flavour of why:
- We have specialist teams who are experts in their area. Whether they are recruiting in accountancy and finance or the legal sector, you won’t find them working in areas outside their field of expertise.
We don’t operate on a commission basis, but instead rely on teamwork to ensure the right person is placed in the right job.
- If you register with us, we will never send out your CV without your permission. Quite simply, we don’t think it’s right.
- We don’t recruit for the Big 4 accountancy firms or Magic Circle law firms. That way there’s no conflict of interest when we place recently qualified professionals.
- We don’t want to be the largest professional recruitment business. We want to be the best.
I’m proud of what we’ve achieved so far.
But we don’t look backwards - we are always innovating. Here are some examples:
- We were the first recruitment consultancy to launch a recruitment outsourcing business.We were the first to launch a Global Salary Survey - a comprehensive 400-page guide to salary and contract rates around the world.
- We were the first to launch a salary checker app for iPhone and have launched a Manga interview guide app.
- We sponsor and support a wide range of initiatives from the Saatchi Gallery in London to the North Bondi Life Saving Club in Australia and MacMillan Cancer Support.
I believe that Robert Walters is something special. But I and others in the company never forget that the most important person to us is you – whether you’re a hiring manager or a job seeker."