Finance Officer / Accounts Payable
Salary Employee Benefits
Consultant Denise Antoniou
Date posted 28 November 2016
A highly regarded electrical engineering firm that specialises in providing full turnkey solutions for clients within the power utility, industrial, resource and renewable energy industries. This company requires an experienced Finance Officer - Accounts Payable to join the finance team based in Adelaide. Working closely with the team members who share a passion for the business, your responsabilities will include delivering and meeting project and report requirements.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective day to day operation of the Company’s end-to-end accounts payable function.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices, expense claims and credit card statements, including accurate recording of GST
- Assist in maintaining policies and procedures related to accounts payable
- Administration of the vendor master file and payment batch coordination
- Preparation of payment batches in accordance with company policies and supporting its working capital objectives
- Accurate and timely month end close off and associated reporting
- Ongoing focus on process improvement and striving to increase the value add provided by the role
- Assisting the Financial Controller and Accountant with effective day to day operation of the financial and accounting functions
- Provide support and back up the Payroll Officer and to the broader finance team
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and personal attributes to be successful in the role of the Finance Officer - Accounts Payable:
- A solid knowledge of book keeping and accounting principles, as well as payroll experience
- Strong data entry skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work well to tight deadlines and within a team
- Self motivated team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills
To apply please click apply or call Denise Antoniou on 08 82 163 500 for a confidential discussion.