Accounts Payable Manager
Salary Attractive Package
Location Inner Suburbs Melbourne
Consultant Matthew Stent
Date posted 7 February 2017
Our client’s Port Melbourne operation is looking for a hands on Accounts Payable Manager who can identify and improve on inefficiencies. This position will suit someone who comes from a high volume, manual processing background with experience transitioning to a paperless platform. Reporting to a friendly and supportive Shared Services Manager, you will be responsible for managing a number of process improvement projects, whilst adopting a business as usual approach to manual processing. Managing a team of eleven, you will exhibit a hands on attitude and actively contribute to the wider finance team.
- Manage creditor / sub-contractor and internal stakeholder expectations
- Assisting with filing of paid creditor / sub-contractor invoices / documents as and when required
- Offer a high level of customer service both verbally and in correspondence to creditors / sub-contractor and internal contacts
- Provide support, mentoring, training and day to day management of Accounts Payable Team Members to ensure all work is completed and queries addressed / resolved
- Ensuring weekly / monthly pay runs are completed by Accounts Payable Team Members
- Hold monthly accounts payable team meetings – to discuss any issues, training requirements etc.
- This role will also provide support to the Finance Managers within the Shared Services team
- Strong projects and process improvements background - Preferably within paperless transition
- Proven experience managing teams of 5+ staff
- Able to manage high volume transactions
- Accurate and timely creditor reconciliations
- Experience managing across Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Treasury advantageous
- Hands on in nature
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Stent on 03 8628 2109 for a confidential discussion.