Consultant Stuart Deane
Date posted 11 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
From its humble beginnings in 1974 Drakes has grown to become the largest independent grocery retailer in Australia and specialises in supermarket retailing. Operating in over 50 stores across South Australia and Queensland, the company now has an annual turnover in excess of $1 billion and employs over 5,500 staff nationally.
Just recently Drakes have announced that it will be building a state-of-the-art $80 million Grocery Distribution Centre which will be the most advanced independent distribution and logistics centre in the State and is a key plank in the group’s vertical integration strategy within the supermarket sector.
With a commitment and dedication to being recognised as a world class retailer who provides their customers with exceptional service, value for money, great range and an outstanding shopping experience.
This newly created position will see you providing business insights to key stakeholders including benchmark and cost analysis, promotional activity analysis & product reviews, financial due diligence for capital investments and store & category profitability analysis.
Providing feedback to key stakeholders through effective reporting and communication. The Financial Analyst will identify the risks and inefficiencies and lead the process improvement implementation.
The Finance Analysts responsibilities will also include but not be limited to:
- Preparing the monthly financial analysis
- Meeting with Key Marketing and Operations stakeholders to provide business insights
- Preparing capital due diligence and forecast for capital investment
- Preparing overhead bench-marking and cost comparison reports and analysis across store network
- Preparing supplier rebates analysis and forecast
- Analysing KPI results (sales, expenses and profit)
- Driving process improvement initiatives
- Supporting key stakeholders by providing them with financial insight and understanding
Key Requirements and Attributes:
- Experience working within a commercial retailer or the fast-moving consumer goods industry
- Planning and implementing financial systems and process improvement projects
- Microsoft Excel to an Advanced level
- Complex data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Scenario based financial modelling
- Ability to influence others, build rapport and make positive change
- Ability to cope with changing work demands and a fast changing environment
If you are a highly capable finance professional who has worked in a similar role within the FMCG or retail sectors I'd welcome a confidential discussion with you.
To apply please click apply or call Stuart Deane on 08 8216 3500 for a confidential discussion.