Consultant Damien Carton
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-11-18 utilities 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will perform the contract management of existing infrastructure construction agreements (both customer and contractor facing) as well as providing commercial support and guidance to the project delivery teams.
- Lead the development and implementation of contract management procedures and processes to ensure effective transition from contract execution to Construction Delivery phase and from completion of Construction to O&M phase. Ensuring all obligations are delivered in accordance with contractual obligations while leveraging contractual rights as appropriate.
- Lead commercial/contractual interactions with customers and suppliers including initiation and management of dispute proceedings where required.
- Optimise commercial and financial outcomes from existing contracts through provision of commercial analysis and expertise including contract interpretation advice and negotiation of contract amendments as required.
- Lead the development, implementation and continuous improvement of contract performance metrics which transparently reflect the performance of each revenue contract enabling the CES business to effectively track progress against business objectives and to facilitate and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist the delivery team in the identification, assessment and mitigation of commercial risks
- Drive effective and efficient processes for contract administration including a review and optimisation of the database management system to ensure it is fit for purpose for future CES business requirements.
- Lead development and implementation of systems, tools, and processes to ensure the contract management team meets all agreed CES internal and external reporting requirements with respect to operational contracts.
Establish strong internal and external relationships, recognised as a trusted commercial partner providing dynamic commercial and contracting services to facilitate the achievement of operational and customer objectives.
What we like about you
- Solid experience in a similar position within either the legal, finance, renewable energy or utilities, mining, infrastructure, or construction industries.
- Proven ability to work through the contracts for both procurement & provision of services with a focus on risk management and value exchange.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong focus on organisation and structure
- Proven ability to work in and support large cross-functional teams
To apply please click apply or call Damien Carton on 03 8628 2104 for a confidential discussion.