Salary AUD60000 - AUD70000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Georgina Dewar
JobRef KYX 26216
Date posted 2 November 2016
Due to internal promotions, a permanent Billings Officer role exists in a collaborative finance team within a prestigious CBD based Law firm.
A large professional services firm based in enviable offices in the Sydney CBD are experiencing a period of internal growth, as such they are seeking an experienced Billings Officer to join their high performing internal finance team on a permanent basis.
This is a position that plays a critical role in delivering major client specialised billing requirements. To achieve this, the Billing Officer will be responsible for ensuring professional
finance service is offered to internal and external clients in the area of billing support and training.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for providing support in all aspects of Billing, in particular assisting legal assistants with resolving billing queries.
- Review of the current billing process and formulate a change plan in order to implement best practice.
- Work with keys stakeholders and senior management to implement the change plan.
- Conduct training on billing systems and processes with new starters and existing Legal Assistants as required.
- Assist with day to day activities of the Finance Operations team during peak periods, which may include e-billing and special rates.
- Assisting with general & ad hoc queries during busy periods.
- Document and provide guidelines of new billing processes.
- Assisting Finance Operations Supervisors and Finance Operations Manager when required
- Provide regular updates to key stake holders including Finance
- Operations Manager and Finance Operations Supervisors on areas of responsibility. These updates may include a monthly written summary of key activities.
- Attend regular in-house training sessions and seminars to maintain/upgrade skills and awareness on policies and procedures
- Experience within a professional services industry with clear understanding of the day to day operations of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external clients
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience
- Ability to monitor and maintain a high standard of accuracy in work through a high degree of attention to detail
- Minimum 2 years experience in a finance function/team environment
- Experience in time-based accounting system
- Experience working in a professional services environment
To apply please click apply or call Georgina Dewar on +612 8289 3236 for a confidential discussion.