Manager - Compliance and Accounting
Consultant Amber-Rose Robey
Date posted 13 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
As one of Australia’s most successful financial service brands, the organisation is recognised as an employer of choice in the field. Their history of hiring and retaining the best talent is testament to their philosophy that their most important asset is their staff; joining this Team and leading the team, on a permanent basis you will become part of a great team striving to reach the organisation’s vision.
The role is suitable for a motivated individual who has the necessary skills to ‘hit the ground running’, managing and leading the compliance function as well as providing senior leadership.
Your role will provide the opportunity to manage and lead the compliance functions within the Adelaide Tax and Accounting Services team, as well as providing senior leadership to the reporting team and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all activities, including Financial Statements, and Tax returns. Further to this, you will work on embedding project changes in the team’s Reporting activities.
Tasks you’ll be responsible for include, but won’t be limited to;
Overall compliance oversight and monitoring for Adelaide team, including –
- Lead the team in Adelaide in relation to all internal and external audit activities
- Co-ordinating and undertaking first line testing of key tasks in the team
- Monitor and coordinate user access reviews and other compliance obligations
Senior Leadership of the Reporting team, including -
- Review and sign off of financial statements and Tax Returns at quarter end and year end
- Financial control activities, including general ledger maintenance and reconciliations to member registry systems
- Leadership of team members
- Embedding of project related changes into the team
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Experienced people leader with 10 + years
- Expertise in financial reporting
- Superior relationship building skills
- CPA/CA qualification
- Degree qualifications in Accounting & robust knowledge of the Australian Taxation Law
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in an audit or business services environment, or within the financial services industry
- Strong understanding of risk and compliance and demonstrated experience in enhancing the risk and compliance culture in an organisation
To apply please click apply or call Amber-Rose Robey on +61 8 82163529 for a confidential discussion.