Salary AUD130,000 - AUD150,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ben Wilkie Smith
Date posted 15 November 2018 2018-11-152018-12-13 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This is an exciting opportunity for a Tax Advisor to join an international ASX listed business on an initial 9 month contract based in Melbourne CBD.
About the Tax Advisor role:
The Tax Advisor works within the Group Tax function supporting governance and risk management functions as well as being an in-house advisor to other Group functions and corporate entities on a local and international scale. This role will also support the Senior Tax Specialist in evaluating and developing procedures and policies focused around compliance and governance framework.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Governance and risk management
- Identify and implement tax strategies and initiatives
- Develop tax technical, tax advisory and compliance knowledge across the business
- Provide tax technical and advisory support on growth opportunities
- Act as in-house taxation advisor
- Advise on technical matters impacting the business
- Advise on tax compliance across multiple jurisdictions
- Work with external advisory firms
To be successful in this position you will have a number or years large corporate tax experience gained in a professional accounting firm or multinational corporation. You will also ideally be a chartered accountant, have experience in tax compliance and complex tax accounting preferably in a large listed corporate environment.
To apply please click apply or call Ben Wilkie Smith on 03 8628 2289 for a confidential discussion.