Intermediate Accountant - 1-3 years experience
Salary AUD50,000 - AUD65,000 per annum + Potential bonuses
Consultant Kathryn Kneller
Date posted 1 February 2019 2019-02-012019-03-03 accountancy Brisbane Brisbane, Queensland, Australia AU 4000 AUD 50000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This large mid-tier firm is in need of a talented accountant to hit the ground running and begin a rewarding career. The partners are well-known and liked within their community, and are offering an opportunity to join their growing team and network with the best. The firm offers meritocratic progression, secondment opportunities, attentive and generous CA/CPA study support, an inclusive and open-door work culture and a fun, professional environment to develop your career.
- Preparation of tax returns, GST, BAS, Payroll Tax to clients varying across SME's to large companies;
- Strong exposure to Div 7a, FBT and CGT;
- Assisting with complex entities, including partnerships, trusts, individuals and companies;
- Strong technical compliance accounting and taxation skills;
- Communication via email, phone and face-to-face with clients of all levels including HNW clients;
- Mentoring graduate level accountants and guiding them through their first year.
- Motivated with a desire to grow professionally;
- An analytic mind and sceptical eye for detail;
- Communicative, and a client-focused approach;
- A keen interest in current Australian economics;
- A pragmatic, professional and positive attitude.
- A completed tertiary degree in Business/Commerce/Accounting;
- At least 12 months within an Australian firm with strong technical knowledge;
- Registered or commenced CA/CPA studies;
- Strong verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills;
- Market knowledge of several key Queensland industries eg: manufacturing, mining, agriculture;
- An Australian Permanent Resident or Australian/New Zealand Citizen;
- Strong references from previous employers.
Salary ranges between $53k and $65k inclusive of super. Experience will be recognised. Those with extra years experience with a higher desired salary are still encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Kathryn Kneller on +61 7 30322234 for a confidential discussion.