Salary AUD80,000 - AUD105,000 per annum
Consultant Kathryn Kneller
Date posted 19 March 2019 2019-03-192019-04-07 accountancy Brisbane CBD Brisbane, Queensland AU 4000 AUD 80000 105000 105000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This Brisbane insolvency firm is well established, and is headed by two partners who are passionate about corporate and personal insolvency. They are well known for producing high quality work, are ethical in their practice and have a great reputation across their client network.
Regular training is one of their strong points, driven by the partners. Often there is one-on-one coaching, and have regular information sessions with staff involving legislative changes and process improvement. They have a strong focus on business development and networking, encourage staff to get involved. Furthermore, there are always opportunities for the right person to progress to partnership, should this be the direction the candidate aspires to.
The role is for a Supervisor or Manager and has been created due to one of the managers moving interstate. The role will be to manage files for any of the personal or corporate insolvency appointments that come through, and to assist with the mentoring and developing of junior staff. The firm is involved with various engagements including but not limited to Court Liquidations, MVL's, CVL's, VA's and various personal insolvency matters.
- Managing files from initial appointment to completion;
- Delegating of work through to the accountants;
- Mentoring junior/intermediate/senior accountants;
- Engage with personal, corporate and informal engagements.
- The ability to problem solve and think laterally;
- An investigative and inquisitive mind;
- A strong mentoring approach;
- A focus on business development;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication;
- The ability to negotiate and strategise.
- Exposure to insolvency appointments in both personal and corporate insolvency;
- Mentoring past colleagues, passing on technical and legislative knowledge;
- The ability to deal with specific client needs, negotiate where possible and understand problems;
- Exposure to advisory style, client focused issues such as: defending a preference, settling insolvent trading claims, negotiations with creditors or negotiation of housing shortfalls.
- A Bachelors degree in commerce/business/accounting or similar;
- A completed CA or CPA;
- ARITA qualification or desire to complete;
- At least 5 years experience within an Australian firm;
This is an opportunity for someone to excel in their insolvency career and join in the best partners in the business. Salary starts at $80,000 inclusive of super and will range up to $105,000 inclusive of super.
To apply please click apply or call Kathryn Kneller on +61 7 30322234 for a confidential discussion.