Tax Manager | Top 15 Accounting Firm | Up to $150k
Salary AUD130,000 - AUD150,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Julia Khong
Date posted 19 June 20192019-06-19 2019-07-19 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client is a Top 20 accounting firm. Based in the Melbourne CBD, they are looking to hire an equally top tier Tax Consulting Manager. The ideal candidate will come from Big 4 or a chartered accounting practice who can demonstrate strong technical tax expertise. They will be a strong communicator who is comfortable on the client-facing side and at presenting to groups. They can also have a chartered tax background and now working in industry but want flexibility, work life balance etc.
As part of the Tax team your responsibilities will include providing compliance and technical advisory services to clients in addition to reviewing work prepared by your team. The Tax Manager will have a high level knowledge of service areas within the firm to drive profitability and act as the main point of contact for clients regarding corporate, business, employment and other taxes.
- Demonstrate high level technical knowledge across a minimum of 4 specialist tax areas
- Collaborating with the Divisonal Partner in delivering clear strategic team direction
- Manage and maintain client relationships by ensuring quality service delivery
- Ensure appropriate resources utilised on client work to ensure on time delivery and within budget
- Maintain high quality service and strict compliance with tax consulting standards
- Assist in driving refinement of existing divisional processes
- Commerce or Business Degree with a major in Accounting/Law
- Qualifications - completed CA and Master of Tax (or near completion of Masters)
- Minimum 5 years of Tax consulting experience is essential
- Thorough understanding of accounting and tax concepts through work experience, CA program and other post graduate studies
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills
- Excellent oral communication and written skills required for reporting on complex issues
- Drivers Licence required
- Exposure to foreign exchange and property is favourable
This is an ideal role for an experienced Tax Manager or an Assistant Manager from a Top 10 accounting firm to take the step up into their next leadership role. The organisation has a fantastic work culture and promote a healthy work/life balance for all employees.
To apply please click apply or call Julia Khong on +61 3 86282276 for a confidential discussion.