Salary AUD50,000 - AUD68,000 per annum
Consultant Kathryn Kneller
Date posted 22 July 20192019-07-23 2019-08-21 accountancy Brisbane Brisbane, Queensland, Australia AU 4000 AUD 50000 68000 68000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This large mid-tier firm is in need of a talented accountant to hit the ground running and excel their professional accounting career. The partners are both client AND employee focussed. They're attentive, nurturing and are offering the opportunity to join their growing team and be trained at a national level. The successful candidate will expose their career to cross-skilling and generous CA/CPA study support, within an inclusive firm.
Your key responsibilities:
- Preparation of tax returns, GST, BAS, Payroll Tax to clients varying across SME's to large companies;
- Strong exposure to Div 7a, FBT and CGT;
- Assisting with complex entities, including partnerships, trusts, individuals and companies;
- Strong technical compliance accounting and taxation skills;
- Communication via email, phone and face-to-face with clients of all levels including HNW clients;
- Mentoring graduate level accountants and guiding them through their first year.
Your key attributes:
- Motivated with a desire to grow professionally;
- An analytic mind and sceptical eye for detail;
- Communicative, and a client-focused approach;
- A keen interest in current Australian economics;
- A pragmatic, professional and positive attitude.
- A completed tertiary degree in Business/Commerce/Accounting;
- At least 12 months within an Australian firm with strong technical knowledge;
- Registered or commenced CA/CPA studies;
- Strong verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills;
- Market knowledge of several key Queensland industries eg: manufacturing, mining, agriculture;
- An Australian Permanent Resident or Australian/New Zealand Citizen;
- Strong references from previous employers.
Salary ranges between $50k and $68k inclusive of super. Experience will be recognised. Those with extra years experience with a higher desired salary are still encouraged to apply as there are further roles available.
To apply please click apply or call Kathryn Kneller on +61 7 30322234 for a confidential discussion.