Salary Package and benefits
Consultant Tom Moore
Date posted 19 September 20192019-09-20 2019-10-19 accountancy Dulwich South Australia AU AUD 170000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Boasting numerous national awards over many years, this mid-tier Professional Services Accounting Firm is seeking an Audit Partner to join their highly regarded practice. Offering a diverse client base, city fringe location, modern offices and a family and values led ethos, this is a rare opportunity to expand one’s career at partnership level. With multiple offices across Australia and New Zealand, their expertise covers Audit and Assurance, Tax, Advisory, Business Services and Wealth Management.
In this newly created role, you will work alongside two established partners. The Audit and Advisory team enjoy a collaborative and inclusive culture whilst driving a client first mentality.
- Oversee and review multiple audit engagements, ensuring that the auditing teams are adhering to tight deadlines, performing as per the client’s requirements and conformance with the Australian Accounting and Audit Standards
- Engage in significant decision making related to auditing and advisory and provide an overview of the financial condition of the firm
- Take responsibility for workflow and budgets including careful monitoring of engagement recoverability
- Providing the relevant auditing and advisory details to the client in a clear, concise and structured format. Develop and maintain relationships with the audit client base including communicating key audit matters in an effective manner
- Responsible for the development of new clients and retention of existing clients, ensuring strong relationships within the network are held and upholding the firm’s brand and reputation
- The ability to train and mentor the auditing team members at all levels, oversee individual and team performance, provide guidance on career development and support with client interaction
- Identify any failings in the financial systems, perform detailed analytical procedures, the ability to respectfully challenge internal controls and identifying risks and areas for process improvement
- Consolidating client information, reviewing for non-compliance, engage in report preparation and presentation, provide guidance on financial finding and ensure compliance
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills, the need to interact with the clients as well as the auditing team is essential as is the ability to develop trust with the client and with the internal staff members
- Competent knowledge on the legislative framework governing a wide range of audit engagements
- Proven experience in resolving complex auditing issues in a timely manner
- A Company Audit License (or willingness to obtain)
- CA/CPA membership will be highly regarded
To apply please click apply or call Tom Moore on +61 8 8216 3516 or Jessica Gouscos on +61 8 8216 3555 for a confidential discussion.