Senior Insolvency Accountant
Salary AUD75,000 - AUD90,000 per annum + package
Consultant Kathryn Kneller
Date posted 5 November 20192019-11-05 2019-12-05 accountancy Brisbane Brisbane, Queensland AU 4000 AUD 75000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This national insolvency firm is well established, and is headed by partners who are experts in restructuring, corporate and personal insolvency. They are well known for the outpout of high-profile, quality work and have a great reputation across both nationally and internationally.
Regular training is one of their strong points, driven by the partners. Often there is one-on-one coaching, and have regular information sessions with teams involving legislative changes and process improvement. They have a strong focus on business development and networking, and encourage staff to get involved. Furthermore, there are always opportunities for the right person to progress to director level, should this be the direction the accountant aspires to.
As a senior accountant you will be responsible for leading the team and assisting with the work-flow of files for any personal or corporate matters. You will also assist with the mentoring and developing of junior level staff. The firm is involved with various engagements including but not limited to restructuring, receiverships, recoveries, CL's, MVL's, CVL's, VA's and various personal insolvency matters.
To be considered for the role, you must be able to demonstrate that you have:
- The ability to problem solve and think laterally;
- An investigative and inquisitive mind;
- A strong mentoring approach;
- A focus on business development;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication;
- The ability to negotiate and deal with complex matters.
Your key experience must include:
- Exposure to insolvency appointments in both personal and corporate insolvency;
- Mentoring past colleagues, passing on technical and legislative knowledge;
- The ability to deal with specific client needs, negotiate where possible and understand problems;
- Exposure to advisory style, client focused issues such as: defending a preference, settling insolvent trading claims, negotiations with creditors or negotiation of housing shortfalls.
- A Bachelors degree in commerce/business/accounting or similar;
- A completed, or an almost completed CA or CPA;
- ARITA qualification or desire to complete;
- At least 2.5 years experience within an Australian firm;
This is an opportunity for someone to excel in their restructuring career and join in the best partners in the business. Salary starts at $75,000 inclusive of super and will range up to $90,000 inclusive of super.
To apply please click apply or call Kathryn Kneller on +61 7 30322234 for a confidential discussion.