External CFO Accountant
Salary AUD65,000 - AUD80,000 per annum
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Kathryn Kneller
Date posted 26 November 20192019-11-27 2019-12-26 accountancy Brisbane CBD Queensland 200 Mary Street, Brisbane City AU 4000 AUD 65000 80000 80000 YEAR MGI South Queensland https://www.mgisq.com.au/ https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/mgi.gif
Join a team of accountants at MGI South Queensland within the Business Services and Tax team, with the opportunity to be exposed to the External CFO Advisory specialisation. Develop your management accounting and advisory skill set in real-time on-site with clients.
About the company:
MGI South Queensland is a multi-disciplinary mid-tier firm specialising in Business Services, Taxation, Audit and Assurance, and External CFO services. MGI South Queensland is a member of MGI Worldwide, a top 20 international accounting network of independent audit, tax and accounting firms as well as our national network: MGI Australasia. MGI Australasia has recently been listed in the 2019 AFR’s top 100 Accounting firms and sits proudly in 26th place.
The MGI South Queensland client base spans across several key industries within Queensland such as agribusiness, construction, manufacturing, and retail up to $200mil in turnover. There are six partners that are hands-on and can pass down skills that are invaluable to an accountant’s career development.
About the role:
This role is unique in the market and is ideal for a tax-savvy accountant who wants to develop or maintain a strong management accounting skill set. Your responsibilities include implementing business changes, minimising risk and improving business processes across a wide client base. The role incorporates a combination of CFO Advisory, Tax Advisory and Tax compliance; it is a split role where some of the time you will be off-site with clients, with the balance of time in tax compliance and advisory. As the accountant, you will report directly to the Client Manager and the Director. This role has been made available due to continued growth and popularity of MGI’s External CFO Advisory service.
• Budgeting, forecasting and reporting
• Preparation of monthly management accounts
• Improving business processes and internal controls
• Cash flow management
• Advisory services to CEOs and boards
• Risk minimisation
Tax Advisory & Compliance:
• Providing taxation advice surrounding FBT, CGT, GST, Payroll Tax, tax liabilities;
• Assist with issues surrounding complex structures, Div. 7a, GST, CGT, BAS, and Payroll Tax enquiries.
• Assist in tax planning, structuring and budgeting;
• Preparation of financial accounts, tax returns and other compliance requirements
• A completed tertiary degree in Business/Commerce/Accounting;
• At least 2 years within an Australian firm with strong technical tax knowledge;
• Commenced or completed CA or CPA
• An Australian Permanent Resident or Australian/New Zealand Citizen
• Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills;
To be successful for this role you must have the above-mentioned key requirements as well as a Drivers Licence, Car, and the ability to travel on an ad-hoc basis. Travel is both interstate and locally.
As an accountant within this business you will demonstrate that you are motivated with a desire to grow professionally; you will have an out-of-the-box approach and an eye for detail, with a client-focused approach; and are professional and presentable.
The successful applicant will have the chance to be part of a growing team and be motivated to progress your career. There is one on one manager and director training as well as training at a national level. There is an attractive remuneration package offered to the right candidate as well as other company benefits.
To apply please click apply or call Kathryn Kneller on +61 7 30322234 for a confidential discussion.