Senior Tax Advisor | Multi $bn Australian Business | $130-160k
Salary AUD130,000 - AUD160,000 per annum
Location Inner Suburbs MelbourneFULL_TIME
Consultant Charlie Pearson
Date posted 3 July 20192019-07-03 2019-08-02 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 130000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This leading Australian business are seeking a Senior Tax Advisor reporting to the head of Tax in the corporate function. Great chance to get exposure to have an impact in the transactions of high value acquisitions.
- Manage the day to day operations of the direct tax compliance & reporting function;
- Preparation and lodgement of income tax returns for the group;
- Assist in preparing the transfer pricing documentation to support the income tax return disclosures;
- Assist in completion of the BAS and FBT return.
- Attend meeting with external advisers and ATO regarding technical matters and dispute resolution;
- Prepare tax technical papers;
- Respond to the ATO's risk review and information requests;
- Assist with government authorities and advisors regarding Income Tax by providing consultative feedback to Treasury in terms of taxation laws that directly impact the group;
- Provide tax advice to senior stakeholders around projects & transactions.
Internal Tax Group Tasks:
- Maintain Tax Group Income Tax policies and procedures;
- Ensure all income tax records and compliant with group records management requirements;
- Manage external consulting fees and costs.
Experience and Competancies Required:
- Exposure to advisory or/ and M&A tax
- Experience to tax effect accounting would be advantageous
- Degree in Commerce or Business or Commerce/ Law
- CA qualified in a Big 4 accounting firm with some commercial industry tax exposure
- Exposure to direct tax processes for large corporates
This is an exclusive chance to work for a leading Australian brand with great scope for progression & the opportunity to impact business performance in a good way!
To apply please click apply or call Charlie Pearson on +61 03 86282262 for a confidential discussion.