Junior M&A Analyst - Banking
Salary AUD70,000 - AUD100,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Julia Khong
Date posted 26 November 20192019-11-26 2019-12-26 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 70000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
About the Company
Join the high-performing Group Strategy & Development team of one of the Big 4 banks! This role will be involved with the Group M&A transactions including acquisitions, divestments and partnerships. Additionally, you would have exposure to strategic projects and performance initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have minimum 2 years' experience in corporate development or in-house M&A within Financial Services. Alternatively, you will have at least 2 years' experience in M&A or Transaction Advisory Services within a Big 4 Chartered firm or Strategy consultancy.
About the Role
- Assist in the execution of acquisitions, divestments and strategic projects
- Conduct strategic and financial analysis for decision making
- Design and build financial and valuation models
- Set and manage financial due diligence processes
- Support the strategic reviews of major business units within the Group
- Assess organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- Develop and provide junior team members and senior stakeholders of the Group with quality advice, research and analytical insights
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and communications to contribute to decision making and influence senior stakeholders
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Finance, Commerce or Quantitative Analysis.
- Progress towards or completion of a post graduate qualification (i.e. CA, CFA, Masters of Finance, MBA) would be highly regarded but not essential
- Minimum 2 years' prior experience working in a similar Analyst role in M&A or Corporate Development role in-house or at an investment bank, corporate advisory firm or top tier chartered accounting firm
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Well-developed commercial acumen and curiosity for corporate development
- Strong financial modelling, valuations and analytical skills
- Sound understanding of corporate finance concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a rare opportunity for someone with a good understanding of the M&A life cycle to join an in-house M&A and Strategy team of a big Bank! This organisation offers flexible work arrangements and a progressive work culture.
To apply please click apply or call Julia Khong on +61 3 86282276 for a confidential discussion.