Collections Officer *6 Month Contract*
Consultant Ben Wilkie Smith
Date posted 7 February 2019 2019-02-072019-03-09 accountancy Heidelberg Victoria AU AUD 30 32 32 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Large health organisation based in the north is currently looking for an experienced collections officer or patient accounts clerk. The successful applicant will play an important role in the accurate and timely billing of all day hospital procedures to patients, health funds and third parties via electronic and manual claims. It involves financial responsibility for daily reconciliation of hospital accounts, the co-ordination of refunds and payments as required with administrative teams, together with responsibility of submission of clinical data to private heath funds.
- Daily reconciliation of bank statement with relevant reconciliation spreadsheet for each site
- Processing of all private health fund and third party payments
- Submission of patient claims to all relevant parties , including private health funds, patients, and surgeon’s rooms
- Accurate billing of each patient admission
- Clinical coding of each procedure, where applicable (internal and external coders)
- Maintenance of financial responsibility for all patient accounts
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with the public, patients, external third parties and all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to quality and actively seeks to continually improve work processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work and maintain performance in a pressured environment.
This role requires someone who is available immediately and can start at short notice.
To apply please click apply or call Ben Wilkie Smith on 03 8628 2289 for a confidential discussion.