Deputy Chief Finance Officer & Executive Director
Salary AUD196905 - AUD212795 per annum
Location Brisbane CBD
Consultant Nick Lemin
Date posted 18 October 2016
The Deputy Chief Finance Officer & Executive Director, Financial Strategy and Advice is an exciting position that will lead delivery of high level analysis and provide strategic advice to the Minister, Director-General and Senior Management. Reporting to the Assistant Director-General, Finance who is also the Chief Finance Officer, you will be responsible for delivering innovative financial solutions.
The Department of Education and Training is committed to ensuring Queenslander's have the education and skills they need to contribute to the economic and social development of Queensland. As the Deputy Chief Finance Officer, you will ensure that the department continues to deliver world class education and training services for people at every stage of their personal development. The Department is a diverse organisation with the largest workforce in Queensland.
The Deputy Chief Finance Officer & Executive Director, Financial Strategy and Advice will be responsible for a range of financial services including:
- Leading the department’s internal budgeting process
- Manage the financial contribution to the state budget process
- Deliver financial services and resources to schools and administration of school funding
- Management of school based costs and salaries
- Deliver and monitor financial governance frameworks
- Lead financial sustainability and planning strategies
- Provide high level strategic advice across financial issues
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- An ability to lead and develop a diverse team
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- People leadership skills
- An ability to excel in a complex and multi dimensional environment
- Experience within policy and strategy implementation
The Department of Education and Training is critical to the future success of the state, providing high quality education and training to the people of Queensland. The successful candidate will have an ability to influence at all levels and have career aspirations to over achieve in the current role and a desire to progress within the department.
Closing date for applications is 28th October 2016.
To apply please click apply or call Nick Lemin on 07 3032 2282 for a confidential discussion.