Commercial Finance Director
Salary super + benefits
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 31 August 2018 2018-08-312018-09-30 new-media-and-internet 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
My client is one of the fastest growing, and most successful technology companies in Australia. Following recent funding to expand their reach globally, the organisation is looking for a talented Head of Finance under a newly created role. This role will play a key part in developing the local and global finance function and allow the business to make informed decisions. This will include financial strategy, funding, forex hedging, competitor analysis and IPOs. The successful candidate will be a member of the senior exec team and report directly to the CEO. This is an opportunity to work with a local and potentially global leading player in the new-tech sector. The opportunity provides high exposure in an exciting and fast growing industry.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking the lead in the companies budgeting and forecasting process, along with providing advice on trends and the allocation of spend.
- Financial control; identifying cost saving opportunities and go to market strategies.
- Leading the company's strategic direction and advising the executive team.
- Competitor analysis.
- Be a key player in the identification of new business venture opportunities.
- Be the point of contact for legal matters and contract negotiations.
- Risk assessments.
- Managing foreign exchange funding.
- Treasury management.
- Team structuring for a growing finance team in house and globally.
- Identifying potential funding and M&A opportunities.
Key attributes we are looking for:
- CA / CPA Qualified
- Minimum 5 - 8 years experience in a similar role.
- Degree qualified in either business or finance discipline.
- Strong background in a fast growing tech business.
- Proven experience building a corporate finance team in a fast paced industry.
- Experience with P&Ls, financial models, budgets and BI tools.
- Proven experience in engaging with senior stakeholders and influencing commercial decisions is essential.
- Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.