Head of Finance
Salary AUD140,000 - AUD170,000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-10-14 new-media-and-internet 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
My client is a fast-growing Private Equity backed SaaS technology company that specialises in an emerging technology category. The company aims to be a global leader in digital transformation as a service to it's clients and specialises in the Financial Services, Education and Healthcare space. More than 200 global customers and millions of users trust their software. An exciting opportunity has now become available for a Head of Finance to lead the finance team. This role will oversee the management of the finance function. The role is broad and encompasses both traditional financial control elements and will also be responsible for building FP&A capabilities. The Head of Finance will report directly to the CFO/COO and be responsible for ensuring financial integrity, providing financial support and commercial insights to drive sustainable profitable growth, improving processes and systems and building a mature governance eco-system.
• Manage all accounting, commercial and financial operations.
• Oversee the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close process (journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and overall maintenance of the general ledger).
• Review/coordinate all local taxation requirements for Australia (BAS, FBT).
• Treasury management.
• Maintain and implement systems, policies & procedures to facilitate internal financial control.
• Manage the company’s cash flow and the cash flow forecasting process.
• Oversee and help direct automation of the preparation of statutory reporting, financial reporting and other administrative functions.
• Lead the budgeting and forecasting process and present the results to the executive team
• Business partner across the global organisation with the Sales, Operations, Technology and Commercial departments to better understand their financial position, and to maximise revenue and minimise costs.
• Provide insight into profit analysis, identify costs savings, process efficiency and cash management.
• Negotiate sales commission schemes, sales forecasts and identify variance to budget.
• Support the leadership team in all key decisions with relevant analysis and commentary.
• CA/CPA Qualified.
• Big 4 background preferable.
• 7 + years accounting experience within the software and technology space preferred.
• An excellent knowledge of financial control and reporting frameworks, ideally with Navision.
• A desire to progress quickly in a fast-growing business.
• Must have the ability to concisely communicate financial information to a broad audience including senior and non-financial colleagues.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Be process-driven ensuring financial and operational controls are implemented and followed.
• Have a strong work ethic and desire to help drive efficiencies and improvements in reporting and analysis.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.