Commercial Manager | Financial Services | Contract | $200k+
Location Melbourne CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Mark Hetherington
Date posted 22 February 2019 2019-02-222019-03-24 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria Bourke Street AU 3000 AUD 180000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to join a leading Financial Services institution on a contract basis located in Melbourne CBD. Focusing on a major project, the Commercial Manager will play a critical part in ensuring all contracts are commercially sound and be a key advisor to the senior leadership team.
About the Commercial Manager role:
This role provides commercial contract management expertise and leads financial decision analysis associated with all new commercial opportunities and contract renewals.
- Lead the development and implementation of contract management procedures and processes
- Lead commercial/contractual interactions with a range of stakeholders
- Optimise commercial and financial outcomes from existing contracts through provision of commercial analysis and expertise including contract interpretation advice and negotiation of contract amendments as required.
- Lead the development, implementation and continuous improvement of contract performance metrics
- Assess contract performance against business case forecasts and work with business units to improve poor performing contracts and/or develop exit strategies.
- Oversee the pricing & financial evaluation of all tender submissions
- Assist managers in the identification, assessment and mitigation of commercial risks
- Drive effective and efficient processes for contract administration
- Lead development and implementation of systems, tools, and processes to ensure the contract management team meets all agreed internal and external reporting requirements
- Establish strong internal and external relationships, recognised as a trusted commercial partner providing dynamic commercial, contracting and pricing services to facilitate the achievement of operational and customer objectives.
To be successful in this position you will have substantial experience working within a similar position within the Financial Services industry. You will also have excellent communication skills and strong commercial acumen as well as a proven track record in achieving successful outcomes.
To apply please click apply or call Mark Hetherington on 03 8628 2102 for a confidential discussion.