Salary AUD80,000 - AUD85,000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Sarah Dow
Date posted 7 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Reporting to the Chief Financial Controller, this role will manage a team of 2 staff encompassing payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and administration. Currently based in Surry Hills, 5 minute walk from Central station, however there will be an office move to Rosebery in March/April. This is an extremely hands on role and will be suitable for someone who is happy to perform a number of accounting tasks and not just delegating.
As the Finance Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring allocated accounts tasks are performed efficiently and accurately within the set timetables and schedules which will include but not be limited to: Accounts payable, Accounts receivable and debtor control, Cash Management, Banking and receipts and Payroll
- Assisting in the recruitment and training of employees
- Preparation and distribution of weekly or monthly reports including full profit and loss statements, balance sheet and cash flow statements are completed each month by the required deadline
- Cash flow management ensuring cash requirements are met
- Preparing BAS statements monthly and ensure that all financial records are accurate and timely for end of financial year audits/reporting
- Liaising with Director and external accountant in preparation of annual financial statements
- General Ledger reconciliations including gross profit accruals
- To regularly review accounting procedures and processes and recommend changes that aid efficiency and effectiveness
- Acting as backup in the absence of any team member that may be on leave or away from the office
- Assisting the CFC and other stakeholders by preparing non routine accounting reports, costings and analysis as required
- Preparing trial balances, audit schedules and any other required information including assisting the auditors in the completion of year end accounts
- Developing and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Ensuring all accounting records are accurate, complete and filed efficiently
The successful candidate will have previous experience as a Finance Manager. You will have proven leadership skills and truly enjoy leading a team. You will be a systems savvy candidate with intermediate to advanced Excel skills. You must have strong experience preforming all round month end duties, improving processes and be an excellent communicator. You will have the opportunity to really make a positive impact to the team and work amongst positive, proactive people.
To apply please click apply or call Sarah Dow on 02 8289 3129 for a confidential discussion.