Tax and Compliance Manager
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD150,000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 11 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This technology company is listed on the NYSE and has a significant global presence. Due to growth across the APAC region the role of tax manager has been created. This role will be integral to the continued growth of the business and will be viewed as an important member of the leadership team. The role will involve working alongside the US finance teams to support the preparation and filing of all applicable tax returns and statutory financial statements and follow up on any subsequent queries.
- Responsible for the preparation of all Australia and New Zealand (“ANZ”) tax returns and statutory financial statements for both CTS and CGD segments i.e. Corporation Taxes, Goods and Services Taxes, including Fringe Benefit Tax.
- Manage external tax consultants and evaluate comments and written advice.
- Manage tax audits and queries from ATO or other tax jurisdictions and liaise with US Tax
- Prepare quarterly and annual US GAAP and local tax accounting requirements including tax provision and deferred tax calculations and other related matters.
- Assist US Tax Team with the notification and collation of information for ANZ tax jurisdictions in relation to the Country by Country Reporting and other OECD BEPS actions and reporting requirements.
- Implement and manage new and existing transfer pricing arrangements and other cross-border agreements.
- Keep up to date on regional tax law changes, cases, rulings and regulations and assist with tax law research.
- Review and investigate possible R&D claims
- Establish and maintain good communication and working relationships with both global and regional business units
- Provide bid support to identify tax issues involving PE, GST and withholding tax.
- Support the establishment of new branches.
- Provide support to the Global VP Corporate Tax, VP and Regional CFO APAC, Financial Accounting Controller and business leads as and when required.
- Qualified CPA / CA or equivalent.
- Experience in tax preparation in Australia and New Zealand, including international tax and transfer pricing
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Computer literate and advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with SAP software.
- Strong direct and indirect tax technical knowledge and ability to apply.
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP and/or working for a US public company.
- Knowledge of both Australian and New Zealand tax legislation and requirements
- Demonstrated track record of successful project management.
- Organised and attention to detail
- Ambitious, enthusiastic individual.
- Proven ability to understand business priorities and requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and understanding of organisations.
- Strong analytical skills including problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.