Consultant Amber-Rose Robey
Date posted 3 May 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
When passion, respect and time come together with the pure waters of Australia's Great Southern Ocean, the most prized and unique shellfish in the world are proudly reared for you by Yumbah. A great opportunity exists, with a newly created role at Yumbah, for an aspiring finance manager to join a dedicated business, passionate about aquaculture to head up the finance function. About the role: The role is a key member of the organisation, responsible for managing the financial reporting for the Yumbah Aquaculture Group, reporting to the Managing Director. With an empowerment to deliver, this opportunity is highly autonomous in nature, encompasses stakeholder engagement across various entities within an outcome driven environment. With a purpose to provide direct support to the business working with the Executive Operations Team to ensure they receive relevant, reliable and timely financial information on operational and strategic matters supporting Yumbah’s business plan and budgets. Technical competence, coupled with a passion for leading best practice reporting, an ability to interpret financial results and an aptitude to tailor your communication style will set you apart in being successful for this role. The right candidate will ideally have a proven background in an export focus agribusiness including aquaculture or intensive livestock production.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage financial reporting for Yumbah
• Working with the executive operations team to ensure they receive relevant, reliable and timely financial information (review financial reports, develop annual budgets, prepare cash-flow, ad-hoc financial advice)
• Manage Yumbah’s taxation obligations
• Manage financial controls within the agreed acceptable risk level for Yumbah
• Contribute to managing and enhancing Yumbah’s external financial relationships
• Contribute to financial management by providing input into the preparation of Yumbah’s business plan and budgets; managing daily financial administrative issues to maximise shareholder value and ensure compliance with governance and regulatory requirements
Key skills and requirements:
• Tertiary business qualifications with CPA/CA status
• Understanding and experience of the export focused agriculture market sectors
• Experience working in a practice or commercial environment (5 years at least)
• Sound knowledge of business accounting: interpretation, analysis
• Proven leadership & communication skills for a range of internal/external customers
• Familiarity with cloud base accounting software, such as Xero
Key to the role will be the ability to develop a general understanding of abalone farming and key associated drivers.
You will enjoy a challenge, provide leadership, communicate well with all levels of a business, articulate in making sound decisions, have a willingness to be hands on, meet deadlines and overall the ability to be autonomous in nature.
To apply please click apply or call Amber-Rose Robey on +61 8 82163529 for a confidential discussion.