Group Finance Manager – Banking
Salary AUD180,000 - AUD220,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jonathan Walne
Date posted 31 October 20192019-10-31 2019-11-30 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 180000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
High profile opportunity to lead a large team in one of the big 4 banks. Sitting at Group level, you will be placed in a growing function and will be instrumental in managing high profile relationships across the bank and externally to their supervisory partners. Candidates require prior management experience, a good understanding of a banks P&L (either through industry experience or via banking clients whilst at a professional services firm providing audit, assurance services etc.) and have a strong history of managing senior stakeholders.
- Manage a large team of both direct reports and offshore resources
- Assist to manage high profile relationships with the bank’s supervisory bodies – APRA, RBA, ABS etc.
- Review reports and commentary to ensure consistency
- Assist the bank through times of change
- Challenge presented financial information and ensure it meets quality requirements
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and process improvements
- Good understanding of a banks P&L – either through industry experience or via a professional services firm (big 4 will be favoured)
- Experience directly managing a team
- Strong reporting experience
- Qualified accountant or MBA graduate - CPA/CA or equiv.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills – candidates with experience facing off to regulatory/supervisory bodies will be placed in high regard
This is a great opportunity to take on a role within an exciting space and will inevitably open other prospects across the bank including risk and control frameworks. While this is an initial 12 month contract, the manager has stressed that a permanent opportunity will follow imminently given the growing investment on this function made by the bank.
To apply please click apply or call Jonathan Walne on 03 8628 2165 for a confidential discussion.