Financial Reporting & Tax Manager | Up to $150k package
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD150,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Julia Khong
Date posted 11 November 20192019-11-14 2019-12-11 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This leading financial services company offers a broad range of financial products and services across hundreds of countries and cities. These include consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Due to local growth and the on boarding of new superannuation funds and managed investment trust clients, the Wealth Management area of the business are seeking an experienced Financial Reporting & Tax Manager. The Manager will lead a team in the exceptional delivery of tax, financial reporting and regulatory reporting to clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a team in a Financial Services organisation, ideally in superannuation funds or managed investment trusts. You will have a strong grasp of accounting and tax knowledge and have the drive to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Delivery of financial statements, business activity statements, distribution calculations and tax returns
- Timely delivery of APRA and ABS regulatory reporting
- Reconciliation of accounting to taxable income
- Manage and review procedures and controls
- Analyse and resolve complex technical and operational issues
- Liaising with clients to discuss technical tax & accounting topics and industry trends
- Driver continuous process improvement and efficiencies
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to optimise business performance
- Maintain compliance through adhering to policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements
- Identify, analyse and monitor risks and controls within the team
- Relevant tertiary qualification and CA/CPA qualification
- Minimum 5 years of tax and regulatory experience for superannuation funds or managed investment trusts
- Strong understanding of global financial markets
- Proven leadership/management skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Desire to drive continuous process improvement and system development capabilities
- Strong analytical skills to review and challenge results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply please click apply or call Julia Khong on +61 3 86282276 for a confidential discussion.