Location Northern Suburbs Brisbane
Consultant Hollie Martin
Date posted 9 September 2016
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant, CPA/CA Qualified with previous experience managing a team of Asset Accountants. Located North of Brisbane, this organisation plays a key part in providing utility infrastructure to the community. They are looking for a innovative, forward thinking Financial Accountant to head-up the Asset Accounting team.
The successful candidate will have a management style that reflects employee empowerment and growth. You will have direct exposure to financial reporting and infrastructure asset accounting. This position will report directly to the Financial Systems Manager.
As the Financial Accountant you will lead the Asset Accounting team and be responsible for;
- Managing the performance of your staff members, by empowering them to make independent decision and to make a positive difference
- Contribute and play an effective key leadership role in the implementation of key strategic, corporate and operational plans
- Provision of technical Asset Accounting advice in accordance with relevant accounting standards in relation to asset identification, recording, control valuation & depreciation
- Oversee the daily functions of the asset accounting functions and preparation of monthly financial reporting
- Providing specialist financial advice in accordance with current practices, standards, legislation, government guidelines and strategic and operational plans
- Highly developed knowledge of current asset accounting, within an intensive infrastructure organisation
- Demonstrate experience in preparing unqualified statutory annual financial statements for audit
- Demonstrate working knowledge and understanding of financial integrity controls, general ledger systems and balance sheet reconciliations
- Must be in possession of an Accounting/Commerce degree
- Must be qualified as a CA/CPA Accountant
A fantastic organisation to work for with an opportunity to lead a collaborative team.
To apply please click apply or call Hollie Martin on 07 3032 2222 for a confidential discussion.