Salary Attractive package
Location Inner Suburbs Melbourne
Consultant Claire O'Neill
Date posted 20 September 2016
An exciting newly created opportunity to join a dynamic finance team and explore fantastic career opportunities and development.
A global leader within its retail space, this company’s success is testament to the calibre of people it employs and we are looking for an ambitious Financial Accountant to join the Finance team based at its Melbourne Head Office.
About the role:
A great opportunity where you can build and develop on previous experience gained, you will be reporting to the Finance Manager, gaining overall exposure to the accounting function.
- Complete the preliminary preparation of the statutory reporting requirements for the division, ensuring accuracy and timeliness are maintained at all times.
- Lead the preparation of the Company’s taxation requirements including FBT, GST, BAS and Company Income Tax
- Maintenance of the Internal audit function, managing business risk and compliance
- Review of Fixed Assets to ensure compliance with company and ensure all expenditure is within approved budgets.
- Coordination of the companies financing arrangements to maximise cashflows
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliations and management of Intercompany Accounts
- Systems and process improvements
- Assistance with internal controls procedures and recommendations
- Ad hoc projects as required
- CA/CPA qualified with 3+ years relevant experience essential
- Practical experience in Statutory reporting essential (Annual Reports & Tax Returns)
- Exposure to an Mid-Large ERP system
- Intermediate-Advanced excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional Financial Accountant, looking for a challenging role to develop their career where you can make your mark and deliver sustainable benefits for the business.
To apply please click apply or call Claire O'Neill on 03 8628 2142 for a confidential discussion.