Salary AUD35 - AUD45 per hour
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Ahmed Siddiqui
Date posted 6 October 2016
This is a rare initial 6 month temp to perm opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join a highly reputable IT company, they will be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller with the efficient and effective day to day operation of the Financial and Accounting function. About the organisation and role: A highly regarded specialist in the IT industry who specialise in providing cutting edge and innovative solutions for clients require a Financial Accountant to join their young and dynamic team located in the heart of the CBD. With international backing, and with operations and projects across Australia, this company offers a fully integrated service covering the entire scope of project management; detailed design, specification, procurement, installation and testing & commissioning. The Financial Accountant will work within a tight knit team whose passion for the business is clearly evident. Built on a foundation of delivering results through teamwork, this finance team works cohesively to consistently deliver and meet project and reporting requirements.
As the Financial Accountant you will be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller with the efficient and effective day to day operation of the Financial and Accounting function. This includes working closely with the Finance team and other business stakeholders to ensure the company accounting, and associated reporting are maintained to the highest standards.
- The provision of accurate and timely reporting to senior members of the finance and management team
- Involvement with monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounting reporting, forecasting and reconciliation
- Continuous review and improvement of accounting processes and procedures
- Support to the broader Finance Team to deliver on the Company's strategic objectives
- Accurate monthly journal processing to represent a true result for the company
- Establish, review and improve policies and procedures related to the Financial Accounting function
- Build and maintain working relationships with stakeholders across the organisation
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Degree qualified in an accounting with Post graduate qualifications completed, or nearing completion
- Experienced in all areas of financial accounting
- Possession of excellent communication skills
- A team player that is willing to help out wherever is required
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work well to tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance standards and principles
- Self motivated with strong analytic and problem solving skills
To apply please click apply or call Ahmed Siddiqui on 02 8289 3129 for a confidential discussion.