Salary AUD80000 - AUD85000 per annum + + super
Location Central Coast
Consultant Marie Posch
Date posted 8 November 2016
About the Company With worldwide operations and products sold in more than 100 countries, this leading retail and wholesale business has enjoyed being a global brand and market leader in producing and distributing innovative domestic and commercial products. The business has enjoyed being commercially successful for well over 100 years. They now have a position for an Accountant to join their high performing Finance team.
About the Role
Reporting into the Financial Controller your role will include;
- Reconciling accounts, post journal entries, and maintaining a complete and accurate general ledger and reporting schedules
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyse financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions.
- Prepare profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, debtor reports alongside creditor lists repayment schedules, regulatory reports and filings.
- Provide technical accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Assist in the reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts ensuring they are accurate, variances are analysed and appropriate recommendations are provided on a timely basis.
- Offsetting of Overseas Non group supplier manual payments
- Assist in management reports and record keeping in accordance with international financial reporting standards, local statutory requirements
- Participate and assist in the evaluation and development of the internal control environment to ensure the Group’s assets are protected, transactions are properly authorised and recorded and all Group policies are complied with.
- Processing of monthly and weekly payroll including reconciliations such as payroll tax
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- CA or CPA desired however not essential
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role within a commercial environment (this is a great role for an Assistant Accountant or experienced Financial Accountant)
- Strong communication skills along with a proactive attitude
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity for an Accountant to work close to home on the Central Coast and work for a global company within a passionate and stable environment. In addition you will have the chance to grow your career and help drive exciting projects and to continue to build on the exceptional working culture this large business has to offer.
To apply please click apply or call Marie Posch on 02 8423 1009 for a confidential discussion.