Assistant Financial Accountant
Location Inner Suburbs Brisbane
Consultant Katy Clapham
Date posted 28 March 2017
This is a permanent position within an innovative global healthcare company looking for a motivated individual to collaborate with the team, contribute their own ideas and make the role their own.
This well known ASX listed group continues to go from strength to strength and is proud to call its product world class and the company is an innovator in its field. They have a positive vision and are seeing a huge demand for their product and services around the world. They are looking to appoint a newly created financial accountant for to join their supportive, fun, and high achieving finance team.
As an Assistant Financial Accountant reporting to the Financial Controller you will be supporting the team with budgets, forecasts and form an integral part of managing the overall finance function, ensuring the Group's compliance and taxation requirements are met.
Further to drive that systems, models and controls are continually developed to ensure timely, efficient and accurate reporting (internal and external).
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the monthly accounts including P & L and Balance Sheet
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliations including inter-company
- Supporting the team during period end closing activities
- Preparation of GST BAS reporting and all indirect taxes
- P&L analysis through to cash flow forecasting.
- Analysis on monthly accounts including KPI tracking.
- Analyzing, translating and presenting financial data
- Performing data modeling and creating value added tools
- Variance analysis as well as commentary to explain results.
- Interacting between large number of cost centers and entities
The successful candidate will be looking for that next step up and will ideally have the following:
- Degree, CA or CPA qualified
- Minimum of 3 years multi disciplinary international experience
- Good excel skills
- Results driven individual
- Strong communication skills
- Detail orientated
- Solid commercial acumen in understanding the "bigger picture"
Based in Brisbane, this is an exciting chance for an Assistant Financial Accountant to progress their career in a new role amongst a dynamic and forward thinking team.
To apply please click apply or call Katy Clapham on 07 3032 2222 for a confidential discussion.