Senior Financial Accountant
Salary AUD100,000 - AUD120,000 per annum
Location Brisbane CBD
Consultant Simon Watt
Date posted 29 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Work for an established organisation that is currently investing in multiple new projects, based in Brisbane's CBD. The business is currently looking for experienced Senior Financial Accountants to join their growing team. Working in a team, your role will ensure monthly financial reporting is in line with the group’s reporting timetable and that the reports presented are accurate and in accordance with group policies and accounting standards.
Multiple opportunities exist for experienced Senior Financial Accountants. The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for all aspects of the accounting function including responsibility for integrity of reporting and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage, co-ordinate and control month-end, quarter-end and year-end close, including processing general journals and reconciliation of ledgers.
- Ensure monthly financial reporting is in line with the group’s reporting timetable and that the reports presented are accurate and in accordance with group policies and accounting standards and that group reporting includes variance analysis and explanations.
- Undertake revenue management including ensuring compliance with contract terms in so far as this impacts finance; work with operations to ensure timely and accurate compilation of monthly invoices, timely and accurate integration to finance system and timely collection of outstanding invoices.
- Ensure tax compliance, including preparation and lodgement of BAS and IAS Returns, together with annual Fringe Benefits Tax Return and Company Tax Return (for submission to tax advisors).
- Preparation and lodgement of statutory reporting obligations with ASIC, taxation authorities, and the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- CA or CPA qualified
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the professional accounting standards AIFRS.
- General understanding of corporate law and obligations for complying with statutory requirements of public companies.
- General understanding of Australian Tax and International Tax applicable for Australian companies with overseas operations.
- Previous experience with large ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel including the ability to complete complex formulas, v-lookups, pivot tables, and preferably also basic macros.
If you are looking a great new role, definitely apply!
To apply please click apply or call Simon Watt on +61 7 3032 2211 for a confidential discussion.