Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 6 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The business has always had a reputation for developing the careers of its staff and this position has become available due to an internal promotion. Joining the finance team in the position of financial accountant would provide you with the opportunity to learn off experienced team members and reap the benefits of reporting in to an impressive finance manager.
The Financial Accountant will be expected to take considerable responsibility for the month end close and will also be expected to work as a business partner to other non-finance stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Working with the Assistant Accountant and the Senior Financial Accountant to ensure that a timely month end process is performed
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Providing ongoing support to operational finance staff to educate them about financial decisions and overall business performance
- Liaising with international partners to develop a thorough understanding of business efficiency
- Australian Tax Compliance
- Ad-hoc analytical duties and financial analysis as required
The ideal applicant for this role will have the following attributes:
- CA or CPA qualified
- At least two years prior experience working in a relevant position
- An excellent understanding of IFRS accounting principles
- A desire to work for a large US listed business
- Comfortable resolving problems
- Excellent communication skills as will be partnering with other members of the business
- Examples of making process improvements
- SAP experience
- SOX experience is preferable but not essential
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.