Salary AUD60,000 - AUD75,000 per annum + + super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 9 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
My client is listed on the ASX and specialises in the global education sector. An exciting opportunity has become available for a talented Assistant Accountant to be part of their journey. As a market leading education provider, they have been involved in educating thousands of students over the years in 120 institutions in 31 countries. In the role of Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting the designated Senior Financial Accountant in the maintenance of proper accounting records for a range of companies within the group. The key elements of this role are to assist in ensuring that the general ledgers for the select legal entities are complete and accurate and prepared in the compliance with the Group accounting policies and that related party transactions are correctly recorded. This role is will have oversight of all aspects of Accounting, with a focus on revenue, cost of sales and calculating commissions as well as communicating with agents around queries.
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant in preparing the financial information for the designated companies within the group.
- Review and post intercompany transactions (including cross charges or allocations) and reconcile on an accurate and timely basis.
- Prepare and fully reconcile the selected general ledger balances for the designated legal entities on a timely basis for review by the Financial Accountant.
- Provide support to the Senior Financial Accountant to understand transactions and the impacts on the financial information prepared.
- Ensure the accurate calculation and of the accounting of commissions payable.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Fixed Assets for the selected legal entities.
- Working towards CA/CPA Qualification.
- Previous experience in an Assistant Accountant role with a large business.
- A desire to progress quickly in a fast-growing international business.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Oracle ERP
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills.
- Be process driven ensuring financial and operational controls are followed.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.