Senior Financial Accountant *3 Month Contract*
Salary AUD500 - AUD600 per day
Location Melbourne CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ben Wilkie Smith
Date posted 27 September 2018 2018-09-272018-10-20 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
3 month Financial Accountant contract with a well-established insurance group. The position plays a key part within the group reporting team and assists different business units with important financial tasks. It is a specialist role as recognised by the competitive day-rate the client is paying. This company is an employer-of-choice with funky modern offices and a well-established progressive culture. There are plenty of opportunities for the right person to develop and progress within this large organisation.
- Work with commercial finance and wider team to ensure efficient and effective month end relating to claims related journals
- Prepare & post all claims related journals as required
- Prepare & post all risk equalisation journals monthly / quarterly true ups
- Design new journal processes for new programs that do not go through automated systems.
- Prepare & post all inter-company related claims transactions
- Prepare journals relating to gross margin for any revenue or claims adjustments
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations for specific accounts including outstanding claims, risk margin and risk equalisation
- Provide analytical insight on balances between periods
- Assistance in the preparation of the group half-year and year-end report as they relate to claims
- Maintain allocation rules from source systems to ensure (automated and manual) journals are posted into the General Ledger correctly to meet external and internal reporting requirements.
- Accurate understanding of our team reporting, and where required, accurate completion and issuance of month end close information
- Regular reporting on exceptions and accuracy of ledger entries
- Ad hoc reporting on work items where required
- Report to management on any internal controls or processes that are inefficient or are not being followed
- Minimum 4 years in accounting
- Has worked with large data sets
- Demonstrated understanding of finance and accounting principles;
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, and use own initiative to identify and follow through on solutions
- Previous experience of using a large ERP/ transactional system, preferably SAP
- Strong computer skills, including experience in using Microsoft Excel, specifically pivot tables and use of variants
- Demonstrated ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work within a team environment and also independently
- Results oriented, organised, well disciplined, task focused with a strong sense of timeliness and a proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Proven problem solving skills and the demonstrated ability to implement process improvements within a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Very strong inter-personal skills; capability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
To apply please click apply or call Ben Wilkie Smith on 03 8628 2289 for a confidential discussion.