Senior Financial Accountant
Salary AUD85,000 - AUD100,000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 24 September 2018 2018-09-242018-10-24 legal 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
My client is a top tier law firm looking for an addition to their finance team. The firm has been named as an Australian employer of choice and they pride themselves on their inclusive culture and career mobility. In the role of Senior Financial Accountant, you will be expected to show a high level of dedication to the business and in return you will be rewarded with exceptional experience within an exceptionally successful global firm.
You would be part of a wider finance team who are there to support you, however you would be expected to show a positive attitude, aptitude for learning quickly and the potential to develop into more senior roles. The organisation has an excellent inclusive culture where the opinions and values of each individual are shared and where possible incorporated to improve business performance.
- Timely and accurate completion of month-end tasks, including review and completion of relevant balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management reports including balance sheet, profit and loss and cash flow statements and analysis.
- Budgeting and forecasting preparation.
- Preparation of monthly journals.
- Perform monthly variance analysis with explanations of expenses to budget.
- Maintain the fixed assets register, processing daily recharges, transfers and overhead allocations.
- Assistance with processing of client bills when required
- Process monthly payroll.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and senior stakeholders.
- Manage/monitor revenue forecasting with account service leads against budget.
- Monthly general ledger reconciliations.
- Review of month end bank reconciliations for trust and office bank accounts
- Either CA or CPA qualified.
- Professional services experience highly regarded.
- Have a strong attitude and work ethic.
- 3 - 4 years accounting experience.
- An excellent knowledge of reporting frameworks.
- A desire to progress quickly in a large international firm.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.