Trust Accountant - Client Services
Salary AUD70,000 - AUD85,000 per annum + Negotiable
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicklaus Liew
Date posted 5 October 2018 2018-10-052018-10-28 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Reporting to the Corporate Controller and Accounting Supervisor, you will work together as a team to oversee the day to day finance functions for the local trust across the region.
- Review direct deposits into the trust account and identify bill and matter references and deposits for settlement
- Prepare trust receipt paperwork and email legal staff for completion and signing according to trust regulations and firm policies
- Assist Partners, fee earners and admins in the preparation of settlements
- Take lead on Accounts Payable duties and work closely with regional counterparts
- Mentoring junior staff and taking lead on ad-hoc projects and/or tasks where required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or a relevant field
- At least 3 years previous experience with trust accounting and local state trust requirements
- Prior exposure working within the finance department of a legal or professional services firm would be advantageous
- Great communication with the ability to deal with clients and partners on a professional manner
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask/work with deadlines.
This role offers a great opportunity for someone who is keen with autonomy and flexibility at work. They are global brand known for attracting and developing talents - backed with a very supportive and holistic culture throughout their practice groups.
To apply please click apply or call Nicklaus Liew on +61 2 8289 3244 for a confidential discussion.