Financial Accountant *3 Month Contract*
Salary AUD45 - AUD65 per hourCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ben Wilkie Smith
Date posted 24 October 2018 2018-10-242018-11-23 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000
Fast-paced accountant role within a large blue-chip engineering organisation. This 3 month contract which is sure to open doors for the right person. The role has a focus on project costing, revenue and month-end work.
- Assist with the Preparation of Statutory and Management Reports for the monthly, quarterly, 6 month and annual reporting processes
- Develop new processes as required to improve controls and project flow of information
- Assist with the preparation of financial reports (Management and Financial reports)
- Preparation of month-end journals and accruals
- Prepare reconciliations for all balance sheet items including, fixed assets, inventory, debtors, creditors, prepayments and equity but excluding banking related reconciliations.
- Manage sub-ledgers and the general ledger
- Provide assistance to external and internal auditors as required
- Liaise with cost control to complete monthly accruals, ensuring all transactional line items to be posted are substantiated by supporting documentation prior to be uploaded to the general ledger
- CA or CPA qualified
- Understanding of tax legislation and financial/accounting systems
- Excellent PC skills - Intermediate Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional analytical and numerical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure whilst demonstrating flexibility
To apply please click apply or call Ben Wilkie Smith on 03 8628 2289 for a confidential discussion.