Financial Accountant - ASX
Consultant Damien Carton
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-11-30 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000
An amazing opportunity to join a global leading Mining company based in a CBD . This role is responsible for supporting the quality and timely financial reporting of a global group. The role provides guidance on key financial governance activities, including specific governance and financial reporting responsibilities associated with the new IFRS 16 Leases accounting standard.
• Support the broader Statutory Reporting team
• Provide expertise in statutory financial reporting matters, including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Liaise with external auditors on day-to-day workflow of interim and annual audit campaigns and any other special audit review engagements including agreed upon procedures.
• Responsibility for the accounting and reporting requirements of IFRS 16 Leases, working closely with the Finance Governance Lead and Site Commercial teams.
• Quality service delivery and responsiveness to business financial analysis and statutory reporting requirements and related queries.
• Assist within reporting team or across the Finance team proactively where possible, as required and directed by your supervisor.
• Strong technical accounting, numerical and analytical skills and ability to synthesise data into information.
• Thoroughness and strong can-do attitudes and attention to detail.
• Solid ability to develop rapport and build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, communicate effectively and can drive the desirable outcomes individually or collectively in a quality and efficient manner.
• Strong project planning skills including effective scheduling and stakeholder management.
• Ability to solve problems, challenge status quo and work to commercial outcomes.
• Advanced Excel spreadsheet and data/information presentation skills.
• Research technical accounting and financial reporting issues. Advise implications succinctly to senior finance representatives and management.
• Effective communication and able to explain statutory and financial reporting issues to “non-technical” people.
• In-depth knowledge of IFRS, local GAAP equivalents.
• ERP and other reporting systems – e.g. SAP, BPC, and BI reporting.
• Consolidations, Joint Venture, M&A and Special Purpose financial reporting (e.g. local financial/tax requirements, debt funding compliance, shareholder circulars).
• Experience with SAP and/or BPC consolidation system is preferred.
• Experienced with leading financial reporting processes and statutory reporting requirements of listed or multinational companies.
• Experienced working in a cross-culture working environment and understanding of cultural diversity.
If you have accounting experience within a large chartered firm (Big 4 or global second tier) or large corporate this job is for you.
To apply please click apply or call Damien Carton on 03 8628 2104 for a confidential discussion.