Financial Accountant *4 Month Contract*
Consultant Hannah Salton
Date posted 9 November 2018 2018-11-092018-12-09 accountancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This position is accountable for the provision of high quality financial services, including external financial reporting, management reporting, tax compliance, asset management, and the purchasing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Assist with the preparation of complete and accurate external financial reports, ensuring compliance with reporting obligations
- Assist with the month end reporting process, such as the timely preparation of journals, close off, monthly Board reports, including Actual vs Budget/Forecast results and other supplementary reports.
- Assist in the development and preparation of monthly business reporting
- Communicate with external auditors, including the Victorian Auditor-General’s Office on all financial policy and reporting matters
- Maintain knowledge of current legislation and directions in respect of the operations of the organisation
- Maintain and monitor the organisation's compliance with the Financial Management Compliance Framework, including the preparation of annual compliance reporting
- Oversee the organisation's general ledger, including the review of general journals, maintenance and data integrity, as well as the review and performance of detailed reconciliations
- Degree in Business or Commerce majoring in Accounting
- CA or CPA qualified
- Experience in monthly and annual financial reporting
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply please click apply or call Hannah Salton on +61 3 86282109 for a confidential discussion.