Salary AUD85,000 - AUD95,000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 29 November 2018 2018-11-292018-12-29 retail 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
My client is one of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands within the health and fitness space. Using a distinctive and creative range of products and services, the company builds strong customer relationships by communicating their subscription based service effectively. In the Financial Accountant role, you will be expected to show a high level of dedication to the business and in return you will be rewarded with exceptional experience within a very successful global brand.
You would be part of a wider finance team who are there to support you, however you would be expected to show a positive attitude, aptitude for learning quickly and the potential to develop into more senior roles. The organisation has an excellent inclusive culture where the opinions and values of each individual are shared and where possible incorporated to improve business performance.
- Prepare month end process and journals, including revenue and daily sales journals, ad-hoc invoicing, accruals and visa card spend analysis.
- Review and analyse revenue transactions, applying appropriate revenue recognition policies and completing reconciliations and analysis on deferred and accrued revenue balances, debtors and bad debt provisions.
- Prepare utilities and operating expense accruals and analysis.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare analysis and reports on payroll, measuring club departmental headcount and salary costs against budgeted figures.
- Ensure full compliance and lodgement of local payroll tax, superannuation, FBT and BAS.
- Provide regular reports to key stakeholders on financial and operating data.
- Review and analyse operating results in relation to costs, budget and operating policies and support the Finance Manager in providing interpretation and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Support the Finance Manager in managing month end processes, liaising with business stakeholders and ensuring accounting standards and practices are adhered to.
- Provide key support to the annual audit process.
- Either CA or CPA qualified.
- Have a strong attitude and work ethic.
- 3 - 4 years accounting experience.
- An excellent knowledge of reporting frameworks.
- A desire to progress quickly in a large international business.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.