Senior Accountant | Leading Australian Business | $130k
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD130,000 per annum + Bonus
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Charlie Pearson
Date posted 4 December 2018 2018-12-042019-01-03 real-estate-and-property 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The role of the Finance Team is to partner with the business to deliver insights into financial results and provide an effective finance, control and governance environment over the business. You will spearhead the FP&A process including budgeting for the group and producing analysis packs as well as the financial accounting & month end procedures.
The role of the Senior Accountant is to perform financial and management accounting duties to contribute to the accurate and timely reporting responsibilities of all entities.
- Producing analysis packs based on group performance & presenting commercial information to senior management
- Support the month end accounting process
- Reporting in accordance with investor reporting timetable
- Providing commentary explaining the financial performance and accurate and timely GST reporting
- Assistance with the preparation of annual financial statements. Deliver internal and external audit requirements and liaise with audit teams
- Audited annual consolidated financial statements to the board meeting for approval
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly performance pack and Management, Audit & Compliance Committee and Board reporting
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
- Support the training of junior staff members
You will have around 5 years audit or accounting experience and have the ability to draw conclusions and provide insights into financial results.
To apply please click apply or call Charlie Pearson on +61 03 86282262 for a confidential discussion.