Location Kings CrossFULL_TIME
Consultant Vikram Sharma
Date posted 4 February 2019 2019-02-042019-03-06 accountancy Kings Cross New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 70000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Accountant will be an entrepreneurial individual who can combine business and accounting expertise. You will work closely with the leadership team, customer service and operations to design and be responsible for Finance processes including the month end reporting function as well as having one direct report.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
Sales and Banking
• Understand, maintain and oversee customer accounts and billing under the and a variety of payment methods accepted of participants
• Support the process design to deal with a high growth business
• Ensure reconciliation bank and other payment gateways daily, ensuring that issues and receivables are dealt with promptly
• Ensure Credit card reconciliations are prompt
• Generate supplier payments as required with weekly payables review and instructions – giving insight to CEO and management team.
• Month end accuracy, accruals and statement reconciliation with all suppliers
• Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations, respond to queries, prepare all entries – leverage the assistant accountant to teach and show them how to prepare a detailed month end.
• Journal entries – accruals, pre-payments, deferred revenue and costs
• Tax related activity – BAS, GST, Tax etc
• Prepare month end reconciliation book and financial statements comparison to budget with commentary
• Fixed asset register maintenance
• Resolving all items and keeping stakeholders updated.
• Perform the pay run, related calculations, accounting entries and payments
• Payroll tax calculations and lodgements
• Participate in process improvement and staff education
Forecast and Reporting
• Review cost base and suggest improvements, cost saving and detail the forecast timing
• Develop the forecast framework
• Update and maintain the detailed forecast
• Report back monthly on forecast iterations and comparisons monthly by the deadline
• Support the team on a weekly basis to ensure the accuracy of customer order cut off.
• Ensure that there is smooth process flow operationally between the internal customer records, external exports required for warehousing, delivery and customer invoicing.
• Annual Audit with guidance from CFO and board
• Continuous improvement of financial statements and related systems.
• Decision support activities and business case preparation
• Data driven exercises and business unit dashboards
The successful candidate will include:
• Relevant university degree (Major in Accountancy)
• Qualified CA/CPA
• Excellent communicator and analytical thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions
• High level of flexibility and a positive approach to the challenging demands of a high-growth start-up (previous start-up experience a bonus)
• Works methodically and demonstrates a respect for process adherence, whilst continuously seeking opportunities to improve the status quo
• Works to an extremely high level of attention to detail and demonstrates a passion for excellence
• Commitment to the companies values including generosity, empathy, integrity, courage and optimism
To apply please click apply or call Vikram Sharma on +61 2 82893186 for a confidential discussion.