Salary AUD80,000 - AUD85,000 per annum + super
Consultant Sarah Dow
Date posted 8 February 2019 2019-02-082019-03-10 public-sector-and-housing Barangaroo New South Wales AU AUD 80000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
An exciting opportunity to join a Government organisation in Barangaroo as an Accountant. This is a temporary role for 3 months that may become permanent. The role is urgent with a start date of not later than Wednesday 13th of February.
- Assist and support the Finance Manager and Deputy Chief Financial Officer to ensure compliance with statutory and management reporting requirements.
- Ensure all month end procedures, including journals, general ledger reconciliations and management reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Prepare returns for external reporting purposes including ATO and NSW Treasury as required.
- Assist in the management of the Authority’s statutory reporting requirements including preparation of working papers for the NSW Audit Office.
- Provide variance/trend analysis of data and assist with the development of models from the finance system (SAP By Design).
- Comply with the operation financial controls to ensure they are adequate in respect of purchasing, general ledger, assets register, and relevant sub ledgers.
- • Relevant tertiary qualifications and. CA/CPA qualification.
- • Commercial accounting experience in financial reporting.
- • Ability to communicate effectively and interact with stakeholders
- • Experience with internal and external audit processes.
- • Experience undertaking financial analysis of trends/variances and producing analytical reports.
To apply please click apply or call Sarah Dow on 02 8289 3129 for a confidential discussion.