Financial Accountant | Leading Property Developer | $90-100k
Salary AUD90,000 - AUD100,000 per annum
Location Inner Suburbs MelbourneFULL_TIME
Consultant Charlie Pearson
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-04-04 property-and-housing Melbourne- Inner Suburbs Victoria AU AUD 90000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The purpose of the Financial Accountant is to maintain the day to day running of the finance department and assist the Chief Financial Controller and Financial Controller in managing various functions. Specifically, the Accountant will assist will all aspects regarding accounting for all of the group entities as well as monthly reporting, annual and monthly compliance and assisting with forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for the completion of monthly financial reports.
- Responsible for the completion of annual financial reports for submission to external tax agents and advisor.
- Responsible for maintenance of general ledger in an accurate manner.
- Assist in managing and forecasting cash flow including weekly cash flow reporting.
- Responsible for the completion of ad hoc financial reporting requirements including banking requirements.
- Overseeing of, and responsible for the timeliness of reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation of monthly management reports.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly dashboards
- Meeting with relevant departments and assisting in their financial reporting and management needs.
- Attend and contribute to senior leadership meetings when required.
- Monitoring of and upkeep of cash flow reporting.
Accounting & cost control:
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the accounting system.
- Oversee accounts payable process.
- Accounting and cost control system “super user”.
- Work with various teams where required to ensure timely and correct processing of invoices and progress claims.
- Assist with the implementation of policies and procedures across the business.
- Maintenance and management of multiple bank accounts and facilities
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly BAS’s as required.
- Preparation of relevant work-papers for annual fringe benefits tax return.
- Preparation of relevant work-papers for group income tax returns.
You will have 3-5+ years relevant experience. CPA/ CA qualified accountants would be desirable but not essential.
I can't talk up this company enough, they genuinely are a market leader given their size & a fun place to work.
To apply please click apply or call Charlie Pearson on +61 03 86282262 for a confidential discussion.