Salary AUD95,000 - AUD105,000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-04-14 leisure-and-sport Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 95000 105000 105000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
My client is a globally recognised brand within the health and fitness space. Using a distinctive and creative range of subscription based services, the company builds strong customer relationships by communicating their brand and leisure facilities effectively. In the Financial Accountant role, you will be expected to show a high level of dedication to the business and in return you will be rewarded with exceptional experience within a very successful global brand.
You would be part of a wider finance team who are there to support you, however you would be expected to show a positive attitude, aptitude for learning quickly and the potential to develop into more senior roles. The organisation has an excellent inclusive culture where the opinions and values of each individual are shared and where possible incorporated to improve business performance.
- Take responsibility for calculating and reviewing month end revenue and daily sales reconciliations.
- Prepare and review month end accruals including updating the detailed utilities tracker and accruals.
- Prepare and analyse month end salary journals including leave liabilities, payroll accruals and FTE analysis.
- Take responsibility for credit card spend analysis and journals.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review and analyse operating results in relation to costs, budget and operating policies and support the Finance Manager in providing interpretation, commentary and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Support the Finance Manager in managing month end processes, liaising with business stakeholders and ensuring accounting standards and practices are adhered to.
- Ensure full compliance and lodgement of local payroll tax, FBT, BAS and other tax returns;
- Provide key support to the annual external audit process.
- Either CA or CPA qualified.
- Have a strong attitude and work ethic.
- 3 - 5 years accounting experience.
- An excellent knowledge of reporting frameworks.
- A desire to progress quickly in a large international business.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.