Senior Financial Accountant
Salary AUD100,000 - AUD110,000 per annum + super + bonus
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 22 March 20192019-03-22 2019-04-21 building-and-construction Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 100000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
My client is a business dedicated to the construction, development and management of clean energy production through solar PV assets. The organisation is recognised globally and prides themselves on a sustainable business model that generates value not only for the company, but also for the communities in which they operate. Following recent developments within Australia, the organisation is now looking for an ambitious Senior Financial Accountant to join their high performing finance team under a newly created role. The successful candidate will play a leading finance role in providing technical, statutory and reporting support for the Group Finance function including a wide variety of analytical, documentary, procedural, internal and external reporting activities related to the business and its relevant stakeholders.
- Help drive the month end process including preparation of monthly financial and management reports.
- Liaise with external auditors and assist with the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Interpreting contractual agreements and ensuring the correct accounting treatment. This includes ensuring tax and accountings due diligence reports prepared by advisors are reasonable.
- Ensuring internal controls are adhered to.
- Work with tax advisors in the preparation of various types of tax returns.
- Preparation of annual budget and budget forecasts.
- Preparation of finance committee presentations and analytics.
- Preparation of treasury reports and treasury forecasts to manage cash flow requirements.
- Preparation and review of bank covenant reports.
- Using SAP and banking platforms.
- Report and communicating to management and external stakeholders on a frequent basis.
- Support managing the payroll process.
- Supporting managing other internal requirements such as insurance and quality control.
- Support the other local departments for any tax and finance related aspect of the business.
- CA/CPA qualification with a minimum of 5 years previous experience in similar roles or in business services managing international clients.
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- Strong critical thinking and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills.
- Proficient in SAP and computer systems.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.