Senior Financial Accountant
Salary AUD110,000 - AUD120,000 per annum + super
Consultant Greg Reynolds
Date posted 31 May 20192019-05-31 2019-06-30 it Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 110000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The Senior Financial Accountant APAC assists the Finance team with the region’s financial accounting, tax and compliance activities for the business within the Asia Pacific region. The role is responsible for compliance with Corporate policies, procedures and processes.
- Month end duties including the preparation of journals, currency revaluations, overhead rate variances and preparation of relevant balance sheet account reconciliations
- Reconcile and post revenue for all business entities.
- Preparation of the various APAC regional monthly financial statements / reporting for submission to Corporate Group Head Office in accordance with monthly and quarterly reporting timetables
- Prepare and monitor weekly cash flow forecasting for Australian entities and recommend cash transfers / funding as required
- Perform foreign currency calculations and revaluations and prepare all Treasury accounting entries including hedge accounting.
- Perform Quarterly Hedge Effectiveness calculations for major foreign currency projects
- Assist with the preparation of Income Tax and Fringe Benefit tax returns
- Preparation of various APAC entity statutory annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS accounting standards
- Preparation, submission and reconciliation of monthly BAS returns.
- Preparation of relevant government surveys
- Preparation of state Workers compensation wages declarations
- Preparation of cash flow and balance sheet annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Coordinate intercompany transaction processing, confirmation and settlement including review of accuracy of intercompany charges
- Assist with the development of the CTS Australia General Ledger for the Financial Reporting needs of the business
- Supporting operational staff to improve their knowledge of finance and financial control
- Support Internal Audit & External Audit requests
- Qualified Accountant (CPA/CA)
- US GAAP/SOX exposure highly regarded
- Bachelor degree from a tertiary institution with Accounting as the major area of study
- Minimum of 5 years post qualified experience in commerce/industry
- Proficient in large ERP accounting systems
- Computer literate skills including advanced Excel skills
- Experience in IFRS statutory financial reporting
- Knowledge of APAC regional income tax, GST and Fringe Benefits Tax compliance
- Experience of mentoring and training other team members
To apply please click apply or call Greg Reynolds on 02 8289 3103 for a confidential discussion.