Associate Financial Accountant - 12 Mth FTC
Salary AUD65,000 - AUD75,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Raquel Mancini
Date posted 6 June 20192019-06-06 2019-07-06 accountancy Melbourne CBD Victoria AU 3030 AUD 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting 12 month FTC position is available within the wealth division of a leading Australian Superannuation Provider.
Reporting to the Delivery Lead, the Associate Financial Accountant will be responsible for the accurate provision of financial information and payments on behalf of business partners and external bodies covering the region. You will work supportively with other teams to ensure the function within the region operates in a smooth manner.
In this challenging and pivotal role, your key responsibilities include:
- Manage the timely and accurate provision of financial information and payments on behalf of business partners and external bodies
- Undertake appropriate reconciliations to ensure the maintenance, development and production of financial reporting is of a high quality;
- Undertake financial projects, testing and SME advice for funded and unfunded project requests;
- Preparing of external reporting requirements (e.g. financial statements, APRA) and ensure compliance with Taxation, ASX, ASC regulations and Capital Expenditure;
- Be compliant with all statutory reporting requirements and provide senior team members with up to date information on which to base decision making;
- Act as a point of contact for business unit partners
Skills and experience:
- You will be customer focused, outcome driven and be inquisitive by nature.
- You will have an understanding of financial control and ideally experience in financial reporting.
- You will have a relevant tertiary qualification in Business, Commence, Accounting or Finance coupled with a post graduate qualification (CA / CPA) is required for this role. Strong Excel skills are highly desirable.